What Personal Data do we collect?
- “Personal Data” is defined by the PDPA as data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data or from that data and other information to which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Personal Data collected, used and disclosed by WillCraft may include information such as your full name, personal contact details, NRIC/Passport number, marital status, religion information on your assets such as your bank account information, information on your insurance policies and information on your property assets and such other information as may be required for the purpose of providing you with the Website and the Services. We receive and store such Personal Data.
How Personal Data may be provided to us
- We obtain Personal Data from you when:
- you access our Services through your system / device – we may also obtain information about the devices you use, such as your device type, operating system, browser type, IP address, etc. Further, we may also obtain information or data that is uploaded, synced or imported from your device (e.g. your personal contacts); and/or
- you make payment for our Services – your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number, will be provided to us.
- WillCraft is not responsible for the truthfulness, correctness or accuracy of any Personal Data provided by you.
How we use Personal Data
- Depending on how you interact with us and the Services, we may use your information to do any of the following:
- Facilitate the provision of our Services to you;
- Provide, activate, and manage your access to, and your use of the Services;
- Process the information you input into the WillCraft platform, and generate your Draft Will;
- Process payments for the Services you purchase via our Site;
- Provide technical, product and other support and to help keep the Services working, safe and secure;
- Enhance and improve the Services and our other products, events, and services and to develop new products, services and benefits;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments and concerns;
- Notify you about changes, updates and other announcements related to the Services and our other products and services;
- Deliver targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notices and other information related to the Services and your interests;
- Provide you with promotional messages and other information about products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and third parties such as sponsors;
- Identify usage trends and develop data analysis, including for purposes of research, audit, reporting and other business operations, comprising of but not limited to determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and evaluating our business performance, or in other ways pursuant to a customer agreement;
- Comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements; and/or
- Fulfil any other purposes for which we have obtained your consent.
How Personal Data may be shared
Your Personal Data may be shared:
- with our affiliates and service providers – we may share your personal information with our affiliates and with sponsors, joint venture entities, partners, service providers, and other third parties in order to satisfy the purposes for which the Personal Data has been collected, or if such parties wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you; and/or our Legal Service Providers when you elect for out Legal Referral Service in order to connect you to the chosen Legal Service Provider.
- for legal reasons – we also will disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary:
- to meet any obligations pursuant to any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation;
- to detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud or technical issues;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of WillCraft and/or Draftiy Pte Ltd., our users, employees or others; and/or
- as part of a corporate transaction, such as a transfer of assets to or an acquisition by or merger with another company.
Managing your information
- We retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide the Services in accordance with our Terms and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements.
- The Services may allow registered users to directly access and review their Registration Information and Personal Data and make corrections or updates upon login, in accordance with our Terms. Keeping such information accurate, correct, truthful and up to date is the responsibility of the user. Registered users may also close their account directly through the Services or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WillCraft will take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Data is destroyed, permanently deleted or anonymised if it is no longer required for those purposes.
- We may place a "cookie" in the web browser of the computer or device which you use to access our Site or our Services. Cookies are small text files which provide us with information about how often someone visits our Site, the status of their visit, and what they do during those visits. Cookies do not themselves contain any personally identifiable information but if you provide such information to us, for example by registering with us, it may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you may modify your browser settings to decline cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our Website.
- The security of Personal Data is very important to us. We implement technical and organisational measures to seek to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal information we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of Personal Data.
- The access of employees to Personal Data is on a need to know basis only. Selected employees of WillCraft who may handle Personal Data are made aware of the importance of maintaining confidentiality of the Personal Data collected.
- All our data is stored directly or indirectly on cloud servers using the Amazon S3 service. Amazon S3 supports more security standards and compliance certifications than any other offering, including PCI-DSS, HIPAA/HITECH, FedRAMP, SEC Rule 17-a-4, EU Data Protection Directive and FISMA. In particular, Amazon S3, as part of the Amazon Web Services was the first global cloud service provider to achieve the Singapore Multi-Tier Cloud Security Standard (MTCS SS 584) Level-3 (CSP) certification.
- Whilst we will make reasonable efforts to keep your Personal Data in Singapore, we cannot guarantee that our service providers will have physical data storage devices in Singapore and your Personal Data may be physically stored outside of Singapore. In such a case, we will make all reasonable efforts to determine that the service provider receiving your data is bound by legally enforceable obligations that offer a comparable standard of Personal Data protection to that under the PDPA.
- Furthermore, since we utilise cloud storage, we cannot guarantee that all your data will be kept exclusively in Singapore. Amazon utilises redundancy storage on multiple devices across multiple facilities in an Amazon S3 region. This means that redundancy copies of your data may be kept outside of Singapore.
- We are unable to guarantee that the security of information transmitted through the Internet is impenetrable. In particular, you are solely responsible for keeping all passwords confidential and configuring the appropriate access control settings on your browser, system and/or device.
How to contact us